Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Top Ten Books On My Fall To-Be-Read list

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish! Join the fun! 

I've just started back at University so I'm probably not going to be able to read as much as I have over the summer, sadness ensues. But here are the books I really want to read this Autumn and I will try my darn hardest to get through them all!


Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
I read Jane Eyre for the first time two years ago and absolutely loved it! In fact I was really really obsessed with it and I just cannot express how much I love this book and all the characters. Nineteenth Century literature is one of my favourite periods and I am so excited to reread this, especially as it is part of my University course!

Bleak House by Charles Dickens
I really like Classics at the moment, so I figured this Autumn would be a good time to start my first Dickens. It's a bit long (my edition is over 1000 pages) which is quite daunting but at the same time quite intriguing as the book sounds pretty interesting and something I would enjoy! (nineteenth century literature *drools*)

Adam Bede by George Eliot
And another classic I really want to read! I always feel disposed to reading all the classics in the Autumn months! Adam Bede was actually written by Mary Ann Evans under the pen-name George Eliot!

The Young Elites  by Marie Lu
I haven't read any Marie Lu before but this book is released in October and it sounds so interesting and awesome and I've read some amazing reviews about it! I'm really tempted to pre-order and read it as soon as it comes out! It sounds so dark and mysteriousness and Renaissance (and I do love everything renaissance) Also the pinterest board for this book may or may not have increased my excitement!

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
I love the Throne of Glass series so much but I have yet to read Heir of Fire! At the moment I have so much University reading to do that I haven't had the time to sit down and just devour this book yet. Soon though because the anticipation is killing me. Soon.



The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling
I've had The Casual Vacancy on my shelf for a good couple of months now but I've never felt in the mood to read it. However this Autumn I am determined to read it, despite the mixed reviews everyone seems to give it. I've been getting pumped to read this book for a while and I really want to give it a go soon!

The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
Another book I've had on my shelf for a good couple of months. I've heard nothing but good reviews about this book and series but it's so long and daunting! The cover looks cold and snowy so I'll hopefully get around to reading this when the weather matches! 

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
I recently purchased this book because, like many book lovers, I am sucker for books about books, and especially books about bookshops (aka the most magical and amazing places in the world) Bookshops always seem so perfect for the autumn seasons and so this book seems to me, to be a perfect autumn read!

Battle Royale by  Koushun Takami
After reading A Tale for the Time Being, I've become more interested in Japanese culture and writing. Therefore, I decided it was time to pick up Battle Royale. I've known about this book for quite some time and it sounds so gruesome and dark and super interesting! Notable mentions to that cover, wow! 

Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
Finally a book fantasy book about Assassins. I love a good fantasy book and I love all thing to do with assassins, this Way of Shadows was added to my Autumn to be read list! I've read some great reviews of this series and I'm so excited to read it!


What books are you guys going to read this autumn!?


7 comments:

  1. I've seen two movie adaptations from Jane Eyre (countless of times), but I have never read the book.. I should read it. Heir of fire was perfection. I finished it yesterday and I still can't talk about it without rambling. I'm very curious about The final empire, everyone is so raving about it. Happy reading!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books)23 September 2014 at 21:15

    I love JANE EYRE, too. How cool that you get to study it in school! I'm also a big Sanderson fan, but I agree, his books are SOOOOOO long. Good luck with all your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay @ Lindsay's Library24 September 2014 at 16:57

    I'm intrigued by Mr. Penumbra's too. If you like books about books, you should check out The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry if you haven't already. It was a sweet, happy read that takes place at a bookstore and has plenty of bookish references! I read Jane Eyre in high school and really liked it. I enjoyed the latest movie version too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss you need to read Jane Eyre, it's so good!! I really love the adaptations as well, I watched the 2006 BBC mini series when I was younger and it's still my favourite <3 Heir of Fire sounds super exciting, I haven't heard a single bad thing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Jane Eyre is perfection in a novel! I'm so super excited to study Jane Eyre, any excuse to talk about Jane Eyre is good in my book! I think Sanderson's books are the kind I need to read when I have a lot of time to dedicate to them, they do sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! it does sound really interesting and bookish! Thanks for the recommendation, I think I've heard of The Storied Life of A.J Fikry but I will defintely add it to my tbr list, it sounds like a perfect autumn book to read with a cup of coffee! I liked the lastest movie adaptation too, it was faithful to the book and they did a pretty good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait for Young Elites!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!