Wednesday, 1 July 2015

July TBR


Hi guys! Today I'm talking about the books I plan to read in the month of July! On the topic of July, I've determined that I'm going to be blogging every single day in July! Every single day!  I do have some ideas lined up for the month, but I may end up winging a couple of days (lucky for me,'winging it' is one of the few skills I possess) It should be a fun challenge though!


Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
This will be my first Sophie Kinsella book and I'm very excited, I've read so many (SO MANY) great reviews about this book so I'm expecting good things. It sounds like something I would enjoy and the mental health aspects, from what I've heard, seem to have been handled really well. It follows fourteen year old, Audrey who has an anxiety disorder which makes it hard for her to leave her house. I want to be impressed and love this book. I am super excited to read it!

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales 
I love books and I love music. A book about music seems kind of perfect. Here's to hoping video games are thrown into the mix! From what I can gather this follows a girl who finds herself in getting involved in the underground DJ scene. This sounds so interesting and I've read some good reviews, so colour me interested! The blurb says it's a novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music bringing people together. I'm sold. 




Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
This is Sarah Dessen's newest release and happens to be the book that has gotten me back into reading Dessen books. I am excited. I will probably read and love anything Sarah Dessen writes, despite whatever they may have flaws - because flaws make things interesting (oh snap, I went there.)

Ghost World by Daniel Clowes
Shaking things up by adding a graphic novel into the mix. This sounds really interesting and has an equally interesting colour scheme - the only colours are green, white, and black! It follows two friends, Enid and Rebecca as they navigate their way through adolescence, growing up and changing family relationships. My edition smells really nice as well, so obviously I have to read it soon.



All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
A healthy dose of historical fiction to inject some genre diversity into this month's reading. I have, yet again, heard so many good things about this book.  This is a story about a German boy and a French girl during World War Two and the crossing of their paths. I would be lying if I said the beautiful cover did not, in any way influence my decision to read this book.

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens 
Some more Dickens because why not!? This follows the life of the orphan, Pip. To be honest I don't know much else other than this. I really enjoy reading novels (especially classics) without knowing much about them, it kind of gives them an air of mystery and surprise, if that makes any sense. I always hear the title thrown around and I'm curious to see what it's all about, I guess you could say it's one of my most anticipated Dickens novels and that I have great expectations. (i'm terrible, not even sorry)

These are all the books I plan on reading this month. Not sure if my reading is going to be affected by my attempts to blog every day, but I can dream and pep talk myself into believing that I can do all the things! Happy July everyone!



What are you guys reading this month? Have you guys read any of these books? Leave your thoughts below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!