Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Last Ten Books I've Acquired

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! 

This week's topic is quite self explanatory, the last ten books I've acquired! I haven't participated in Top Ten Tuesday for a while but today I'm changing that! On a similar note, I also fell off the blogging train last week. My excuses include: a book hangover, listening to too much Fightstar, and rediscovering my half started Wreck This Journal. Here are the books! 



This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales  
I've already read this book and I loved it so much it gave me the aforementioned book hangover. It deals with some heavy topics in an approachable way and follows a girl who stumbles upon an underground warehouse party. This book made me feel all warm and fluffy, definitely give it a read! 

A historical fiction book following a blind French girl and an orphaned German boy during World War Two. I'm currently reading this and I'm really enjoying it so far! 
I recently purchased a bundle of Lindqvist's books. I've seen the film version of Let The Right One In (the english version) and liked it! I'm sure his books are translated from Swedish so these will be interesting to read, especially as I find foreign horror books/movies are usually a little bizarre and unusual but in a good way! 

This book centres around a man whose six-year-old daughter vanishes suddenly at a frozen lake. Upon returning two years later, he realises that people on the island are keeping secrets from him and embarks on finding out the truth. 
This one follows a town in which the deceased are rising from the dead. From what I've read, these aren't flesh eating zombies but just corpses that have reanimated. It sounds similar to the TV series The Returned that I watched a couple of years ago. Yay for zombie twists! 

Written from the perspective of a stalker, this book sounds super creepy and complex. I'm super excited to read this book! 
I just love Sarah Dessen books so this really is no surprise. 

I've read this book and I really liked it! It follows fourteen year old, Audrey who has an anxiety disorder which disrupts her everyday life. It's very focused on family and recovery and was a really nice read which deals with mental health in a very positive way. 
This is a graphic novel following two friends, Enid and Rebecca as they navigate through adolescence, growing up and changing relationships. It's very crude and an honest portrayal of bitter teenage years. 
I downloaded an electronic version of this book. I studied this back in Secondary School but I don't think I actually read the entire book. Now I can finally finish it! 

What books have you recently acquired? Which ones are you most excited to read!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!