Saturday, 4 July 2015

Popular books/authors I have yet to read!


I feel as though there are actually quite a lot of popular books I have yet to read (especially as I had no trouble compiling this list) I wouldn't say I read books because they are popular, but sometimes if the premise sounds good or interesting, I do like to see what all the hype is about! Here are eight popular books or authors I have yet to read (but really want to!) If you guys have read these, I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
Anyone else not read The Hunger Games? I've seen the films that have been released so far but I've never actually read the books. I enjoyed the films and everyone seems to have read The Hunger Games, so why haven't I? I really don't know. Maybe this summer will be the summer I finally read them!

The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare
To be honest, I had never heard of The Moral Instruments series until I started watching booktube. Even then, I didn't really have much interest in them. They've kind of grown on me though. I'm not sure if it's just because I want to see why they're so popular, or maybe I just want to understand when people reference this series. I'm not sure but at some point I want to read them(or at least the first book)

 

Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
I actually spent a long time debating whether I want to read this trilogy. I've heard so many split opinions on this series but it's only a trilogy, and I'm sure I could marathon it quite easily. If you guys have read this series, what were your opinions? Is it worth a read?

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Another young adult series I have yet to read!? Surprising. I've seen so many good reviews of these books and the whole fairytale retelling with a twist does sound really awesome. Maybe I am a bit scared of hype, especially when it comes to young adult books, but one day I shall overcome that fear and give these books a read.

 

Haruki Murakami 
Murakami is one of those authors I've wanted to read for the longest time. His books always sound so strange, enticing and super interesting. I really want to read 1Q84, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and Kafka on the Shore. I think someone actually recommended Kafka on the Shore to me years ago but unsurprisingly, I still haven't read it. Anyone read Murakami, what are your favourites, where should I start?

Saga by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples 
Not sure how much I need to say other than, this is that one graphic novel series that everyone seems to love. I saw the first volume of this in a comic book shop and had a flick through. The first page made me laugh so I'm sure this is something I will enjoy.


 


Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
I've been meaning to read this for about five years. Every summer, for the past five years I've been telling myself that this is the summer I will read Lord of the Rings. But evidently, it never happened. I have (or rather my mum does) a bind up of all three books, a huge and very very intimidating book which may have contributed to my tardiness and putting off this book. Also so many books to read, so little time.

Stephen King 
I own Cell, which is about a zombie style outbreak, caused by mobile phones (or cellphones, hence the title) I'm a huge zombie nerd so it's no surprise this is the first Stephen King book I've picked up. I haven't really felt in the mood for a good book about zombies though, which is kind of surprising. Stephen King is undoubtedly the King of horror books (ha) and as quite an avid horror fan, I have to read some of his books soon! I loved the film adaptation of The Shining, so that's another one I'm quite interested in!

Read any of these books/authors? Any popular books/authors you guys have yet to read?  Leave your thoughts below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!