Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Top Ten Fictional Booknerds!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish! 


This weeks topic is ten fellow booknerds! I'm sure everyone who loves books also loves characters who love and cherish books! I know I do. Here are some of my favourites and a bookish quotes from each! 

   

Cath Avery from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 
'To really be a nerd, she'd decided, you had to prefer fictional worlds to the real one.'
Cath loves books so much she even writes fanfiction! 

Ruth and Nao from A Tale for The Times Being by Ruth Ozeki
'I find myself drawn to literature more now than in the past; not the individual works as much as the idea of literature—the heroic effort and nobility of our human desire to make beauty of our minds—which moves me to tears, and I have to brush them away, quickly, before anyone notices.'


Pretty much everyone in The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin 
'We are not quite novels.We are not quite short stories. In the end, we are collected works.'

Clay Jannon from Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
'Walking the stacks in a library, dragging your fingers across the spines -- it's hard not to feel the presence of sleeping spirits.'

  


Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
'Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.'

Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin 
'A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.'

 


Amir from The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
'Sad stories make good books.'

 Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
'I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.'

 


Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
'The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.'

Marie-Laure from All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
I couldn't find the quote I was looking for. Marie-Laure is blind but that doesn't stop her from reading (or anything really) She reads and rereads her books in braille. She receives books for her birthday and even finds her books in a real time of need. 

Thanks for reading! 
Who are your favourite book loving characters!? 

2 comments:

  1. A.J. Fikry is on my list, but I totally forgot Cath. I've seen her on lots of lists today, so at least she's being remembered by other people :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! All the characters in A.J Fikry are bookish and i agree! I've seen Cath on so many people's lists!!

      Delete

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!