Sunday, 17 January 2016

2/52 // today is never too late to be brand new


52 thoughts is a weekly post, featuring an assortment of thoughts from Rosario's brain. 

I often find myself feeling limited by who I have been. Feeling obliged to define myself based on who I have been, and the person people are expecting me to be. I sometimes make decisions based on what I think other people are expecting, rather than listening to myself, and it's really silly. I'm tired of trying to measure myself up to my past self, but also I've realised how unhealthy it is to be so stagnant and avoid change. I haven't got it all worked out, and that's fine.

So really, I just want to put it out there:
You are not obliged to be the same person you were last year or even yesterday.
You don't have to be defined by who you've been whether it's yesterday's self or last year's self, you don't have to make decisions based on who you have been or who you are expected to be.
You don't have to behave the same ways or try to and maintain an appearance simply because (you think) other people are expecting it.

Falling into the trap of comfort and familiarity out of obligation is easy and safe and also pretty boring. You are not obliged to be that person and don't have to loose that feeling of feeling unique. Don't stick to that version of yourself simply because it's safe and easier than taking conscious steps to bettering yourself. You can be brand new if you try and you always should because you are always evolving. Trying to be your past self will only stifle your growth. you have to change to grow. It's totally fine to slip up but don't have to try to so hard to be your past self simply because it's easier, safer or because that's who you used to be. It's not about who you have been, or even who you are, but who you want to be. Here's to becoming limited edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!