Wednesday, 17 February 2016

7/52 // on being grateful


I spend a lot of time on trains and quite frequently have to face the seemingly inevitable delays. Delays are frustrating, they throw off your timing and you might even miss your connection (this happens a lot!) I see so many other people getting visibly angry and frustrated and it kind of forces a negative energy into my life. The way I think about is yes, it's inconvenient but 1) I'm so so lucky to be in the position to be able to catch that train and 2) the view is always amazing.

 I often remind myself to look out the window and appreciate nature, the cityscape and everything in between. I've seen it before a million times before but every day I notice something different, whether it be the sky or progress on some building works. It never fails to blow my mind how beautiful the view can be. It's really calming and by being grateful and appreciative I generally feel I can navigate my day better without getting worked up over small things that are out of my control.

What I'm saying is there's a silver lining to everything and being grateful for what you do have can ease some of those everyday frustrations. I'm not one to invalidate problems by suggesting other people have it worse than you, but sometimes it really is good to remember how lucky (#blessed) you are, despite these everyday frustrations. Write down the things you're grateful for and appreciate the small joys in life. Gratefulness and changing your mindset is really pretty amazing.

What are you guys grateful for? Write it in the comments and embrace the feeling it gives you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!