Wednesday, 24 February 2016

6 books I AM GOING to read in 2016!

I decided to title this post 'books I'm going to read' instead of 'want to read' because it's more assertive and I am to read all these books this year, I am going to do it! *positivity* Also, I gradate from this University this summer so, you know, I probably will have quite a bit of time on my hands this summer (unemployment, crying ensues but at least I can cry into some good books)



The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice 

I read the previous book in the series almost two years ago. It's time. Also how beautiful is the cover? I love Lestat and Louis and I just need more vampires in my life right now. There was a pretty dramatic scene at the end of the last book and I 1000000% need to find out what happens next.

#Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso

This book is everywhere and I really want to read it. I'm always up for motivational books and words of wisdom from people with experience. I graduate from University this year and it's scary and I'm not sure what I want to do, but I know what I don't want - to be a meaningless clog in a machine, making money for some rich white dude. Nope. It'll be interesting to read about being your own boss and better yet, a girl boss.

Am I a book blasphemer for now having read this series yet? Seen the films and I think I've been puting off the books just in case I double blaspheme and accidentally like the films better than the books !!! because I watched them first!? I'll get round to it soon!

The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson 

SERIOUSLY HEARD SO MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS SERIES. Does anyone not love this series because I have only heard amazing reviews. I can't recall the plot of this book but sometimes that's a good thing. High fantasy, probably got some magic, elves, and ice kingdoms (judging by the cover?) Whatever it entails, I'm super pumped for some fantasy. 

I'm very political and I'm sure this follows the drama around a vacancy for a local council. I'm hella political so I'm sure I'll be intrigued. Also, I really need to read something by J.K Rowling that isn't Harry Potter. I think there's some social commentaries packed into this book and I'm always up for some good social commentary.

Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx 

As I previously stated, I am a very political human. Marx is like the the original, the great thinker for left wing nerds so I have to read the whole thing though at some point. I have read bits and pieces but I want to read it all through and be inspired (because lets be honest I really am a huge left wing nerd)

    I am envisioning myself, in December 2016, publishing a post about how I read all these books. I will be bursting with words and untamed thoughts on all these books. Yep, it's going to happen! Lookout for the post in December (or maybe sooner if I manage it!?)

    Have you read any of these books? Tell me your thoughts! Or do you want to read some of these books as well!? 

    3 comments:

    1. #girlboss and the casual vacancy are on my list too! My twin is madly in love with the #girlboss and she keeps quoting it whenever she talks about her entrepreneurship dreams so it's basically going to be an essential read for me haha!

      xo,
      Not Your Type Blog

      ReplyDelete
    2. oh man every good thing I hear about that book makes me even more excited to read it!

      ReplyDelete
    3. The casual vacancy was pretty good and I'm also planning to FINALLY read The final empire this year :)

      ReplyDelete

    thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!