Wednesday, 3 February 2016

january 2016 in review


-insert obligatory 'it's already February this year is going too fast' comment -


I'm not even going to comment further on how fast January went and how unprepared I am for February!! (mostly university stress gah)

Notable 


On the topic of University, I successfully submitted my essays on time and got the results for both and one previous essay! (two great and one disappointing) I'm cool with the disappointing grade and the other two were great so yay! I put more effort than I have before into those essays so I'm really pleased and should never doubt myself again!  -pats self on head-

This month I saw Panic! At The Disco and it blew me away. Although there is only one original member left in the band Brendon Urie is an amazing musician and vocalist and everything was perfect. I had high expectations and they did not disappoint! Kinda inspired to drop out of uni (or just finish uni, I've only got four months left!) pick up and instrument and join a band!

Read


I didn't finish a single book in January. I've been avoiding reading like the plague because I have so much university reading to do and I'm a terrible terrible procrastinator. For some reason I like to make my life more difficult?

I am however going to make an effort to schedule time to do my reading and actually try to stick to that schedule. Does anyone have tips on  how to stay motivated and disciplined enough to stick to a schedule? Because I definitely need some!!

Played


Life Is Strange - This game stole the month for me. I loved the characters, the story, the setting, the music. Everything about this game was amazing (although the lip-syncing wasn't too amazing) I love this game so much that I even wrote a post about it! 

Fallout 4 - I'm having fun in the ranks of the Railroad and I've been working on my settlements! Fallout is my ultimate procrastination game though, the moment I have any university work to do I always seem to get a really intense craving to play for an hour or five.

Created 


I created seven posts this month! I even started a series of posts, which I aim to publish every Sunday, just detailing some of the random thoughts nd musings that float through my mind.
  1. On hobbies and passions
  2. Today is never too late to be brand new
  3. Saviour songs, January edition
  4. On unconventionality
  5. On Life is Strange 
  6. Top five books I read in 2015!
  7. Some good things 
I've also been prolifically journalling this month. I've been doing some particularly artsy pages as well as the usual wall of words which is a lot of fun and also a good stress reliever!

Destroyed 


I managed to break my favourite mug which isn't the kind of destroying I intended to be writing about. 

I was supposed to destroy (or make progress on) my abundance of procrastination, and instead attempt to manage my time better. I'm good at organising time and making schedules, I just don't seem to have the discipline to stick to it! frustrating!!! February will be the month! I will make it the month!
Thanks for reading! How was your January? Any tips on how to be more motivated or disciplined enough to stick to a schedule?? plz and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!