Wednesday, 2 March 2016

9/52 // on changes (so I changed my blog name)


Change is my nemesis but also my friend

I madly avoid change. Change gets my heart pounding and makes my head dizzy. But I get crazily restless when I’m in the same routine for too long. Despite my deep-seated and ingrained dislike for change, that pounding heart and dizzy head can be exciting and is sometimes for the better. 

I don't want to force change upon myself because that never ever works (a whole other issue) but I want to recognise and learn not to immediately discard my thoughts that involve change. I'm a huge over thinker and perhaps that's where it comes from. I'll over think my plans or thoughts and immediately retreat when I realise they involve change. It’s not something I’m going to immediately unlearn, it will take time and there will be times when I’m tired or simply can’t be bothered but persistence and the power to try is all you really need. 

Now that I’ve adequately dissected my mind and attitudes towards change, let’s talk about this blog.

Name Change

The name City and Prophet came about through the process of smooshing the meanings of my first and last name together and hey presto, I had a blog name (also I was very inspired by City and Colour.) City and Prophet has had a good run, but it was a docile, sporadically active, and lethargic creature, emerging every once in a while to shout into the void.  I want my blog to evolve into version 2.0 (like a Pokemon) and I think a name change will really cement its upgrade.

Over the past few months I’ve been morphing my blog into something I have more freedom with. I want to post whatever I feel like posting, rather than boxing myself into a category. I’m a restless soul and picking a specific niche just doesn’t work for me. I just feels a bit restrictive and it’s not my style at all, almost as if I'm trying to force myself to be someone I'm not. I want to take away all my self-imposed rules and just be.

Inspired by one of my favourite bands 30 Seconds to Mars (especially the songs ‘Welcome to the Universe’ and ‘Capricorn,’) the cartoon Steven Universe, and the term ‘Buffy-Verse’ (meaning everything in the universe of my all-time favourite TV show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) I've taken a liking to Rosarioverse. It's imbued with and influenced by things I adore and I’d say that’s pretty cool. (Also, verse is a pretty great word that encapsulates both my love for music and literature!)

My blog is a just teeny tiny star in the galaxies of the blogosphere and even smaller in the internet universe. This name change really doesn’t have much impact but it means a lot to me. So to conclude this post,  I changed my blog name just to let you guys know!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. Change is scary but it's so powerful at the same time. I loved the last name though,it reminded me of the script's song superheroes but hey I LOVE this one more! And omg you art journal? I looks so cool!


    xo,
    Not Your Type Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, change is strange. omg I've never listened to that song but I definitely will, if only to reminisce about my old blog name! ah thank you I only started last year so I'm still kind of a beginner (this is probs one of my fav pages!)

      Delete
  2. Change can be scary, but is sometimes necessary. I love the new name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!! I'm trying to see it as something exiting and shiny and new! Thank you I'm so glad! :D

      Delete
  3. Change is inevitable. It's about evolving. If you stop evolving, you also stop learning & that's a baaaaaaad thing. I love Rosarioverse even more. It's personal, authentic, and so you!

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! That's exactly what I've been discovering! Yay, thank you!! That's the kind of vibe I was going for :)

      Delete

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!