Sunday, 4 December 2016

this week i was ill but I still...


So, I was elfin ill and feeling not so great, but managed to get some stuff done this week. The general sentiment I'm trying to get across here is that a triumph over illness, no matter how small, is a triumph nonetheless. It's nice and grounding to take the time to appreciate and celebrate the small things I've managed to do, despite being a bit ill and gloomy for the past few days.

wrote four blog posts

That's pretty good for me. I'm decided I'm unofficially doing Blogmas this year. I haven't properly announced it but I'm trying to post every day in December, or at least until Christmas.

figured out some christmas presents

This entailed some online shopping, (so sitting in my pajamas listening to music and browsing the web for a little bit too long) but a lot of thought went into it, and I bought from some nice independent brands. I'm all about supporting those small and independent businesses, so I'm pretty pleased with myself and found some super cool gifts at the same time!

washed my hair

It seems so simple but when you're ill and have really long + thick hair, it feels like you're embarking on a mountain climb (long + tiring) I always feel a million times better after washing my hair but the actually task just feels so laborious sometimes. But I did it in the end, yay!

bought coffee and discovered my love for seasonal drinks

I'm not a fan of ordering things and sometimes avoid buying coffee because I feel so uncomfortable ordering it. But I ordered some this week and discovered how amazing gingerbread, and salted caramel lattes are. A proud coffee drinker. I may be a little obsessed now, plus can definitely understand the hype.

saw the front bottoms live

This is the highlight of my week and also one of the highlights of my year. The Front Bottoms are one of my favourite bands and after seeing them live, I personally, think they are even more amazing! Their music is so intense and catchy and amazingly put together. Plus, their lyrics are out of the box and pretty damn incredible. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to see them live, what an experience!

Finished putting up christmas decorations and decorated the tree!

I felt quite a bit better and energised towards the end of the week so I finished putting up my Christmas decorations and finally decorated the tree! I seem to be the most festive person in my house so I happily took charge of all the Christmas decorating. Everything feels so festive and cosy and lovely now, it's like a warm festive hug!

What have you accomplished this week!? 
Thanks for reading, have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you're feeling a bit better now! I love all the lights at this time of year, very cosy for sure <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay thank you! all the festive lights truly are magical, i'm half convinced they have healing properties!

      Delete

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!