Wednesday, 4 January 2017

2017 wishes


I like the new year and the collective bettering of ourselves. I’m prone to becoming a bit passive and caught up in monotony over the year, and the new year always gives me the push I need to make some little changes, to climb out of that void, and work towards something better.

2016 was a mixed bag, I did some things I'd never done before but also went though bouts of feeling v lost and purposeless. I spent a large part of 2016 feeling overwhelmed and a lot of pressure to have everything figured out, which resulted in a lot of procrastination and developing some bad and unhelpful habits. I’m hoping some goals, things to work towards, accepting and actively bettering myself, will help alleviate these unwanted feelings.

My goals are quite broad so I’m planning on writing out everything I need to do in order to reach them. I want to work towards these goals, but also allow myself time to accept where I am and figure things out, without the overwhelming pressure to be doing all the things, all the time. I guess I want to focus on figuring out a balance between accepting and challenging myself. 

1) Take more photos & complete a project 365
2) Actually learn how to play the guitar
3) Improve my mental health
4) Develop a healthier relationship with food
5) Be more present, mindful & live more consciously
6) Do more everyday
7) Give up overthinking and overcomplicating every damn thing
8) Be more confident in my beliefs, my ideas and myself
9) Be a better feminist
10) Aim to meditate every morning
11) Visit more museums
12) Continue running regularly and looking after my physical health
13) Read more than 10 books + reread all the Harry Potter books!
14) Blog more consistently
15) Say yes to more things
16) Leave the house more often
17) Make decisions based on what will make me happy, rather than what is simply easiest

What are your goals and wishes for 2017!?

8 comments:

  1. These are awesome! It's really good idea to keep them in a list. I definitely want to re-read the Harry Potter books again too, there's so many great things not in the movies that I've forgotten!
    I really love your last one about making decisions based on what will make you happy. That's one of my lessons last year and I want to get better at it in 2017. Great post!
    Steph x. Hello, Steph Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping a list really is super helpful, I keep a digital and physical copy so I can remind myself of my goals wherever I am!
      Yay, I'm glad you're making positive changes to your decision making + life! xo

      Delete
  2. This is a great list of goals for the new year! I didn't set specific goals this year, but definitely agree with a ton of your items :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks! I don't think setting goals is for everyone and that's totally fine, whatever works for you!

      Delete
  3. Love how you rank mental health, I think it's a great one!! May you succeed and live a happy 17!
    xx finja | www.effcaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah, mental health is important!!! I've been avoiding dealing with my mental health for a while but I'm defo getting around to it this year. Thank you so much, same to you!!

      Delete
  4. Really love your goals, a few are quite similar to mine. I hope 2017 is a fab year for you xx - Lauren.x http://girlversusmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hopefully we will both achieve them!! Wishing you a fab 2017 too!!!

      Delete

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!