Thursday, 27 April 2017

motivational songs playlist


Sometimes there's nothing like a good song to get you out of a funk. These are songs that have all sparked something inside of me, either inspiration or motivation, or perhaps even perspiration from dancing too hard. Either way, they make me want to be a better person and motivate me to get things done.

Now or Never - Madina Lake

'What are we waiting for? / These years are dying slowly / Today is still in front of us'
This is the song that sparked the inspiration for this playlist. For when you're stuck in a bit of a rut and need a song to motivate you into action. it's about not wasting your time, staying motivated and the beauty of being alive at this moment in time.


Link in Bio - Diet Cig

They say "speak your mind, but not too loud" and / "You should love yourself, but don't be too proud." / Well, I'm done'
A new favourite of mine. Screams feminism, and the impossibility of being feminine in modern society. Motivates me to be myself 100% and forget about other people's opinions, because you'll never win.

One True Colour - Enter Shikari 

'There's so much to explore; there's so much to absorb'
This song always reminds me that there is no singular truth. Everything is about perception. Your time on earth may be limited but your mind shouldn't be. Makes me want to learn as much as possible and look at things from different perspectives. Sounds like infinity.

Anklebiters - Paramore

'Fall in love with yourself'
All about loving yourself and being comfy with yourself, regardless of what other people think or say. This song always makes me feel motivated to be the best person I can be! There are a lot of things I can't control but I can control the way I see myself, and refuse to be controlled by other people's opinions.


Weightless - All Time Low

'Maybe it's not my weekend / But it's gonna be my year'
A CLASSIC. Makes me wanna dance until I can't dance anymore, and then get up and work towards something amazing. Good for getting out of a rut and turning things around. This song reminds me that things might not be so great right now, but if I keep trying I can make things better in the long term. Hence, not my weekend, but my year.

Hurricane - Halsey

'I'm a wanderess / I'm a one night stand / Don't belong to no city / Don't belong to no man'
Fills me with motivation, freedom and empowerment. Owning femininity and freedom. Confidence, knowing your worth and feeling powerful in yourself. Halsey songs are great for feeling like a badass girl who knows her strength.

Big Beautiful Day - PWR BTTM

'Who the hell gave you the right to tell me that I'm wrong / Curse every one of you who tells me that I cannot be who I want  / Ain't no fucking way you'll fuck up my big beautiful day my day'
All about unapologetically being yourself and not letting the haters get you down. About not letting the rudeness, ignorance or hatred in the world spoil your big beautiful day.

What  You Waiting For? - Gwen Stefani

'Take a chance you just might grow'
These lyrics combined with the poppy beat always makes me wanna get stuff done. Also reminds me of childhood memories ahh.

Victorious - Panic! At The Disco

'Tonight we are victorious / Champagne pouring over us / All my friends, we're glorious / Tonight we are victorious'
I Mentioned this is my favourite motivational song, it gets me pumped up and ready to have a great day. It prepares me for challenges and puts me in that winner mindset. Literally just listening to this song makes me feel like I can do anything, whether it be a ~simple~ phone call or conquering the universe.

Green Light - Lorde

'I'm waiting for it, that green light, I want it'

Crybaby - Melanie Martinez

'They call me cry baby, cry baby / But I don't fucking care'
Melanie Martinez inspired me endlessly so I really want to list the entire Crybaby album. But Crybaby is the first song on the album and always pumps me up. It motivates me to accept the things that are often seen as weaknesses or a faults and own them, to make them a strength.

All I Want - A Day to Remember 

'Keep your hopes up high and your head down low' 
Aim high and keep working hard for the things you want. It's like a motivational song for when you're discovering or rediscovering your purpose in life, or reevaluating what you want from life.

Siberia - LIGHTS

Nothing to do with the lyrics. but this song just gives me so much motivation. It's upbeat and electronic and makes me wanna dance. This year Lights is combining two of my favourite things, books and music and releasing a comic and album called 'Skin and Earth' AND I AM VERY EXCITED. Also that drum beat.

Guilty Pleasure - Cobra Starship 

Bit a guilty pleasure itself. This song always puts me in a good mood, fills me with motivation to get things done and helps me refocus. Reminds me of when I summoned the motivation to complete my Art GCSE coursework overnight.



I like that I unintentionally created a playlist with a really good gender mix. I mentioned how I've been wanting to actively seek out more female music artists and I think I'm finally getting there!

What are your favourite motivational songs? Let me know and I'll give them a listen! 


2 comments:

  1. I'm really loving Halsey at the moment, particularly her song now or never. Great post! x


    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I love her latest album so much. listening to it gives me wild inspiration and motivation!

      Delete

thanks for reading, feel free to leave a comment and have a great day you human beans!